Make DIV to the page bottom so that it does not stay on top of absolutely positioned content?

Welcome to ScriptMode
Heisenberg

Make DIV to the page bottom so that it does not stay on top of absolutely positioned content?

Postby Heisenberg » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:45 pm

I have to add a wrapper around HTML content produced by others. What I want to achieve is to add a header and footer to all the pages (height varies) produced by other people so that all new pages have a header and footer. All the pages produced by others are absolutely positioned. How can I use CSS to make my footer stay in the bottom of pages, not on top of content produced by other people?

This is the HTML structure I have. I cannot change the HTML structure or CSS of the content produced by others.

<div class="my-wrapper">
<div class="my-header">my header </div>
<div class="others-wrapper">
<div class="html-from-other-people">absolutely positioned content produced other people. I cannot touch it.
</div>
</div>
<div class="my-footer">footer goes here</div>
</div>
I cannot have sticky header or footer. The footer has to stay in the bottom of page content, not the bottom of the viewport.

Heisenberg

Re: Make DIV to the page bottom so that it does not stay on top of absolutely positioned content?

Postby Heisenberg » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:39 am

check out this css :

#footer {
position: fixed;
bottom: 0;
width: 100%;
}

Return to “General”